Friday, January 27, 2012

Disapointment

I have a confession to make. I expected too much from my readers. I worked hard on a short story for this week, posted it, and two days later there are no comments. It is disappointing. But if I did not write something they enjoyed reading why should I expect them to comment? I know that I enjoyed writing the story, I feel it is a good story; but if the reader doesn't like it then what can I do? This will be a short blog as I am leaving soon for the day. I may continue these thoughts tomorrow.

Here is my dilemma: I love the story and I am a reader, so shouldn't other readers like it too? I know I am probably beating myself over the head for this. I know that the real reason I am writing these weekly short stories is to practice my skills, to form them like a blacksmith, hammering out the rough edges. Yet, sometimes, I grow to attached to reader response and less to the quality and purpose of what I write. This is a fatal error on my part. By all means, we should write for the reader. But at the sacrifice of quality?

I will continue these thoughts tomorrow when I return.
Sincerely,
Joshua A. Spotts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me. Thank you!